At Sideways 6, we treat your privacy seriously and only use your personal data to improve our product offering and keep you up to date about our events.
You can rest assured we will not sell your data to third parties. We encourage you to read this page thoroughly and contact us at email@example.com in case of any queries.
We are Sideways 6 Ltd, the makers of the Sideways 6 idea management platform. You, the visitor of our website and/or the representative of a potential customer, are the data subject, and we act as the data controller. We collect your personal data because:
- You have given us your consent to, or
- We have found it publicly available, so you can reasonably expect to be contacted about business matters, and we believe it is in our mutual interest if we offer you the Sideways 6 platform, which constitutes legitimate business interest under the GDPR.
We collect the data necessary to establish contact between us and your organisation:
- Company email address
- First and last names
- Company, job title, and department
- Website cookies and IP address
- Your professional social network profile URL (e.g. LinkedIn)
We will hold on to this data indefinitely unless you ask us to delete it, in which case we will delete it within 30 days. Your personal data is stored in HubSpot, a Customer Relationship Management and Sales platform that we use to hold our database of contacts and leads. This data is hosted in Germany and the USA and is protected in accordance with Trust Service Principles established by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, as attested to by a SOC 2 Type I report and a SOC 3 report.
We will use your personal data to:
- Keep you informed about our latest events and webinars
- Tell you about the use cases and success stories of Sideways 6
- Invite you to take part in surveys that help us tailor our offering
- Track your behaviour on our website
- Allow you to request demos and answer your questions submitted via the chat
To further process your data, we may also use third party data processors to run e.g. email and marketing campaigns. We also use third parties located in countries outside of the EU that are considered to provide adequate data protection by the European Commission for processing personal data, e.g. to hold and collect our CRM data, or whose terms of service include Standard Contractual Clauses as an international data transfer justification.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a right to:
- Be notified within 72 hours of a data breach concerning your data. We will notify you within 72 hours if we discover a data breach concerning your personal data.
- Access what and how their personal data is being processed and request a copy of it. You can do this by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be forgotten if your data is no longer relevant to its original purpose or revoke data processing consent. For such requests, you may contact us at email@example.com.
- Get an export of your data that we hold in a portable (easy to use elsewhere) format. We can provide this in XLS format if requested at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have a record of your personal data be corrected in case of errors or inaccuracies. To do this, you may contact at email@example.com.
- Request that your data should not be processed automatically. To opt out from automatic processing or profiling, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complain to the GDPR supervisory authority appointed by your EU member state or the UK if you believe your rights are being encroached.
We extend the rights given to data subjects in the UK and the EU by the GDPR to all visitors of our website and representatives of potential customers.
The California Consumer Privacy Act takes the position that consumers own their data and provides them with five general rights regarding their PII. California-based consumers therefore have the right to:
- Know what personal information is collected about them.
- Know whether and to whom their personal information is sold/disclosed, and to opt-out of its sale, where sale means any transfer in exchange for a monetary or other compensation. We will never sell your data.
- Access their personal information that has been collected over the last 12 months. Once the request is made, businesses must disclose the requested information free of charge within 45 days. We can provide a copy of the data in XLS/CSV format if requested at email@example.com.
- Have a business delete their personal information, excluding information under legal hold (until the matter is adjudicated or until the hold is released) and for information that must be retained per legal or regulatory recordkeeping requirements. If a data deletion request is made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, we will delete all data that pertains to you not related to the subject your employment or as is otherwise legally required.
- Not be discriminated against for exercising their rights under the CCPA.